Communities across Saskatchewan will be participating in a series of actions and events in the aftermath of the cruel provincial budget.
We invite you to join SEIU-West members and COPE 397 by participating in two important events happening in Swift Current next week:
Janice Platzke, your SEIU-West Treasurer and Swift Current resident, will be joining the Town Hall to discuss transformational change in health care and education.
WHEN: Thursday, April 20 at 7:00pm
WHERE: Holiday Inn Express – 1301 North Service Rd E, Swift Current
This is a rally to let your MLA and Premier know that cuts to health care, libraries, education, pastures and the STC are not okay.
WHEN: Friday, April 21– join SEIU-West members at their local union office at 11:45am then head to Brad Wall’s Office!
WHERE: SEIU-West Office – 333 Central Avenue North, Swift Current at 11:45am. Or you can meet us at 233 Central Avenue N at 12pm!
We’ll have signs for the ready but feel free to make your own! And don’t forget, wear purple!
Remember, the budget included:
- Phasing out of five different health care programs, so more layoffs in health care.
- Libraries and park budgets slashed.
- Education budgets (K-12) ransacked and layoffs are imminent.
- STC eliminated and 224 jobs slashed.
- Pastures gone.
- Higher PST including a whole new PST on children’s clothing and on food.
- Seniors paying more for long-term care.
- The elimination of 12 health regions and a shift to one mega health region.
At the same time, corporate taxes are reduced to the lowest in Canada.
Silence is Acceptance – Take a Stand to Stop the Cuts!