The Extendicare Unit Chairs met November 26, 2010 to begin plans for bargaining a new collective agreement
- Bob Laurie, Director of Contract Bargaining and Enforcement, will be acting as lead negotiator.
- Tanya Ziffle (Elmview)
- Laura Marchessault (Moose Jaw)
- Eileen Olson (Parkside)
- Esther Dupperon (Sunset)
- Jean Moore (Preston)
- Albert Digness (Moose Jaw)
- Randy Hoffman (Saskatoon) (will be assisting)
- Meetings were held with membership on December 6, 7th and 9, 2010 to review the outline for bargaining proposals and to gain input from membership.
- Bargaining Questionnaires are being made available in all Extendicare sites for continue input from membership. Unit chairs will be accepting these until December 17, 2010.
- The Bargaining Committee will be in caucus meetings on December 20, 2010 to compile and finalize the proposals package.
- In the meantime the Union will be arranging a bargaining hotline (use SAHO number) for membership access to up dated information throughout negotiations.
- The Unit Chairs are forming phone trees per site to enhance distribution of information.
- This website will continue and be update, throughout negotiations as new information develops.
“Email Updates: We are starting an Extendicare email group to provide the updates immediately to members. It is a protected list and not shared with anyone. If you wish to be on this list, please send an email to Barbara Cape, President, SEIU-West at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, facility and email address.”